Blog ‘n’ Podcast
It’s funny because when I was young, I acted like and was considered an extrovert – described as “outgoing” and “bubbly”. Now, I consider myself an “introvert/extrovert” because I do love people, but I also love to be by myself. That being said, I always try to put myself out there and meet people when I’m in a new place. I am a nurturer, a caregiver, an empath and do remarkably well in crises (as history has shown and you may learn in time as I open up here).
I love stories and I always want to know why people do things, what motivates people and how things end up the way they do. I’m also very decidedly “Type-A” with a tendency to focus on “getting things right” and following the rules. Creativity is not one of my strong suits (picking paint color sends me in a tailspin), but I have always enjoyed writing and sharing experiences with others.
Even though both of my chosen professions are fairly isolating (I work alone in my massage/birth services office), working with no more than 5 people a day; this stay at home order that has kept me from seeing clients for several weeks now has made my extrovert side want to come out and play. Not only that, but I feel the need to document how this pandemic has affected me as an LMT, birth doula, childbirth educator- and as a person, wife and mother.
So, here I am, blogging and “vlogging” for whomever wants to keep up with me and see how things are going for me during this pandemic. I only ask that if you choose to comment, you are kind. The world has enough places where people can be cruel. My blog/website is not one of those and negative comments will be removed.
See our 5 most recent podcast episodes below. You can subscribe to Doula2Doula in many podcast apps or listen directly from our podcast page
- Well, here we are…mid-August with the new school year knocking on Ciana's door. She's faced some tough decisions, as have many of you. Listen as she shares how she and her family are coping & planning for the new year.Also in this episode: Exie shares her 1st in-person doula support oopsieExciting news related to the work […]
- Doula Training Never Really EndsSo, you graduated from your birth doula program…Congratulations!!!Certificate & Badge in HandPhone ChargedDoula Bag PackedFirst Client BookedYou get the call and it's go time!Oh, wait…there's more…..In this episode, we're talking about the things we have learned while attending births. You may think you know what to expect, but Doula Training Never Really Ends!Questions or Comments? […]
- Self-Care is Not Selfish – Here's why…What does Self-Care mean to you? Is it selfish to do acts of Self-Care? This episode is a short one because we know that in order to keep taking care of all the people in our lives we care about, we need to focus on ourselves sometimes.5 Self-Care Practices for Every Area of Your Life […]
- The Husbands & Our 1st Podcast-iversarySit back and settle in, the husbands have joined us to celebrate – and almost hijacked our episode with their shenanigans! Get the guys' perspective on what it's been like to be a birth partner and doula spouse as we look back on the first year of Doula2Doula.Questions or Comments? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.orgGet your Tip […]
- Your 1st Date with Your DoulaThe Doula Consultation is usually the first time you will meet your potential birth doula. Just like a first date, this meeting will determine if your relationship might move to the next step.Here's a look at what we bring to the table and how you can make sure you get the most out of your […]