Blog ‘n’ Podcast
It’s funny because when I was young, I acted like and was considered an extrovert – described as “outgoing” and “bubbly”. Now, I consider myself an “introvert/extrovert” because I do love people, but I also love to be by myself. That being said, I always try to put myself out there and meet people when I’m in a new place. I am a nurturer, a caregiver, an empath and do remarkably well in crises (as history has shown and you may learn in time as I open up here).
I love stories and I always want to know why people do things, what motivates people and how things end up the way they do. I’m also very decidedly “Type-A” with a tendency to focus on “getting things right” and following the rules. Creativity is not one of my strong suits (picking paint color sends me in a tailspin), but I have always enjoyed writing and sharing experiences with others.
Even though both of my chosen professions are fairly isolating (I work alone in my massage/birth services office), working with no more than 5 people a day; this stay at home order that has kept me from seeing clients for several weeks now has made my extrovert side want to come out and play. Not only that, but I feel the need to document how this pandemic has affected me as an LMT, birth doula, childbirth educator- and as a person, wife and mother.
So, here I am, blogging and “vlogging” for whomever wants to keep up with me and see how things are going for me during this pandemic. I only ask that if you choose to comment, you are kind. The world has enough places where people can be cruel. My blog/website is not one of those and negative comments will be removed.
See our 5 most recent podcast episodes below. You can subscribe to Doula2Doula in many podcast apps or listen directly from our podcast page
- Your 1st Date with Your DoulaThe Doula Consultation is usually the first time you will meet your potential birth doula. Just like a first date, this meeting will determine if your relationship might move to the next step.Here's a look at what we bring to the table and how you can make sure you get the most out of your […]
- This Oil's for You – Safe Use of Essential OilsWe're talking essential oils and aromatherapy with a Certified Aromatherapist (can you guess who it is?)How can you choose a quality oil?How can oils be used?Who can use essential oils?They're natural, so they're always safe, right?Can essential oils be used during pregnancy, childbirth, or babies?We're sharing some valuable information to help you decide if, when, […]
- A Revolution of SupportIt's time for a Revolution of Support for anyone connected to pregnancy or birth!Join us for this conversation and learn how you can join the Revolution and make a difference in this generation and generations to come. We are excited and determined to change the way pregnancy, birth, and new parenting are experienced.Learn more about […]
- Birth Partners are the MVPs of your Birth Bubble🥰 We're talking about our love for Birth Partners & how we work with them to create and maintain your Birth Bubble 💗Are you expecting a baby and wondering how to introduce your birth partner to the idea of a birth doula?Are you a birth partner who wants to be involved, but are feeling a […]
- So you've had a baby – now what? Your baby is finally in your arms. You are getting congratulations and want to be happy… everyone else is happy…you smile and say "thank you", but inside, you are wondering what is wrong with you because you don't feel happy. You might even be feeling detached from […]