Blog ‘n’ Podcast
It’s funny because when I was young, I acted like and was considered an extrovert – described as “outgoing” and “bubbly”. Now, I consider myself an “introvert/extrovert” because I do love people, but I also love to be by myself. That being said, I always try to put myself out there and meet people when I’m in a new place. I am a nurturer, a caregiver, an empath and do remarkably well in crises (as history has shown and you may learn in time as I open up here).
I love stories and I always want to know why people do things, what motivates people and how things end up the way they do. I’m also very decidedly “Type-A” with a tendency to focus on “getting things right” and following the rules. Creativity is not one of my strong suits (picking paint color sends me in a tailspin), but I have always enjoyed writing and sharing experiences with others.
Even though both of my chosen professions are fairly isolating (I work alone in my massage/birth services office), working with no more than 5 people a day; this stay at home order that has kept me from seeing clients for several weeks now has made my extrovert side want to come out and play. Not only that, but I feel the need to document how this pandemic has affected me as an LMT, birth doula, childbirth educator- and as a person, wife and mother.
So, here I am, blogging and “vlogging” for whomever wants to keep up with me and see how things are going for me during this pandemic. I only ask that if you choose to comment, you are kind. The world has enough places where people can be cruel. My blog/website is not one of those and negative comments will be removed.
See our 5 most recent podcast episodes below. You can subscribe to Doula2Doula in many podcast apps or listen directly from our podcast page
- #28: Aftershock – Movie Review by 2 BIPOC DoulasMOVIE: AFTERSHOCK on Hulu (check for region availability) Click for TrailerThis movie follows the journey of families who have experienced the death of a new mother during or after childbirthWhy is the US such a dangerous place to have a baby?Why do black mothers in America die at a rate of 3-4 times higher than […]
- Passed! – Another Pandemic Parenting Schoolyear in the BooksAnother school year of pandemic parenting is behind her and Ciana is sharing her reflections on how she and her kids successfully got through it. Both moms discuss some differences in their parenting journeys of school-aged children.Happy summer to all!!! 😎🌞🤷♀️ Confused about your options and how to plan for your baby's grand entrance? Schedule […]
- Living the On Call LifeWe're pulling the curtain back on what it's like to live a life on call.Join us for a candid conversation that reveals the not-so-glamours part of being birthworkers. From keeping our cars filled with gas to whether or not we will buy event tickets, there is a lot about being birth doulas that have to […]
- 🎉It's World Doula Week and we are together again!!! 👩🏽🤝👩🏿🥰In this episode, Exie & Ciana are celebrating doulas everywhere for World Doula Week, March 22-28, 2022.Recently there has been an increase in public appreciation for the work of doulas and the positive impact we can have on people during different life-changing events. We discuss some […]
- Books & Birthwork – Good Reads in a "So-So" Year🎶 "All by myself…" 🎶In this final episode of the mediocre year that was 2021, Exie shares her love of reading and some of the gems that helped her get through the last 11 months. If you are always on the lookout for good book recommendations, this might be the episode you've been waiting for. […]