Blog ‘n’ Podcast
It’s funny because when I was young, I acted like and was considered an extrovert – described as “outgoing” and “bubbly”. Now, I consider myself an “introvert/extrovert” because I do love people, but I also love to be by myself. That being said, I always try to put myself out there and meet people when I’m in a new place. I am a nurturer, a caregiver, an empath and do remarkably well in crises (as history has shown and you may learn in time as I open up here).
I love stories and I always want to know why people do things, what motivates people and how things end up the way they do. I’m also very decidedly “Type-A” with a tendency to focus on “getting things right” and following the rules. Creativity is not one of my strong suits (picking paint color sends me in a tailspin), but I have always enjoyed writing and sharing experiences with others.
Even though both of my chosen professions are fairly isolating (I work alone in my massage/birth services office), working with no more than 5 people a day; this stay at home order that has kept me from seeing clients for several weeks now has made my extrovert side want to come out and play. Not only that, but I feel the need to document how this pandemic has affected me as an LMT, birth doula, childbirth educator- and as a person, wife and mother.
So, here I am, blogging and “vlogging” for whomever wants to keep up with me and see how things are going for me during this pandemic. I only ask that if you choose to comment, you are kind. The world has enough places where people can be cruel. My blog/website is not one of those and negative comments will be removed.
See our 5 most recent podcast episodes below. You can subscribe to Doula2Doula in many podcast apps or listen directly from our podcast page
- High Points & High Hopes – Gifts from the Pandemic YearIt's the end of December in the year of the Pandemic and we are all so ready for it to be over! But, as we reflected on the last 12 months and planned for our final episode of our very first season, we discovered some gifts we unexpectedly received. We also found ourselves looking forward […]
- Our very first guest!!!! Listen to this episode and enjoy a special offer just for you!On this episode, Exie is talking with Elise Bowerman, owner of Sweet Momma Yoga specializing in prenatal and postnatal yoga. Since 2009, Elise has been teaching yoga in Southeast Michigan and established Sweet Momma Yoga in 2014. She has a […]
- Have you ever wondered:How does a birth-giver really know labor is starting? What if it's (the dreaded) "False Labor"??"Why isn't my body doing what it's supposed to do?"Is there something wrong when labor doesn't seem to start the way birth class explained it?Everybody talks about the physical aspects of active labor. Birth-givers and their families […]
- Pandemic Check-InUggghhhh…Pandemic Fatigue…The struggle is real people!We are venting – like many of you, after 7 months of dealing with this pandemic, we are suffering from the fatigue and needed to get it out. While we are grateful that our immediate families have stayed healthy, the mental stress and anxiety of adjusting to how things are […]
- October Awareness MonthIt's October and the kids are still in school (virtually) with Ciana crushing the new routine! Exie faced the 2 year mark of her sister's death and made some new discoveries about herself and what happened. This episode, we are opening up about trauma and what we are hoping to bring awareness to this month. […]