Blog ‘n’ Podcast
It’s funny because when I was young, I acted like and was considered an extrovert – described as “outgoing” and “bubbly”. Now, I consider myself an “introvert/extrovert” because I do love people, but I also love to be by myself. That being said, I always try to put myself out there and meet people when I’m in a new place. I am a nurturer, a caregiver, an empath and do remarkably well in crises (as history has shown and you may learn in time as I open up here).
I love stories and I always want to know why people do things, what motivates people and how things end up the way they do. I’m also very decidedly “Type-A” with a tendency to focus on “getting things right” and following the rules. Creativity is not one of my strong suits (picking paint color sends me in a tailspin), but I have always enjoyed writing and sharing experiences with others.
Even though both of my chosen professions are fairly isolating (I work alone in my massage/birth services office), working with no more than 5 people a day; this stay at home order that has kept me from seeing clients for several weeks now has made my extrovert side want to come out and play. Not only that, but I feel the need to document how this pandemic has affected me as an LMT, birth doula, childbirth educator- and as a person, wife and mother.
So, here I am, blogging and “vlogging” for whomever wants to keep up with me and see how things are going for me during this pandemic. I only ask that if you choose to comment, you are kind. The world has enough places where people can be cruel. My blog/website is not one of those and negative comments will be removed.
See our 5 most recent podcast episodes below. You can subscribe to Doula2Doula in many podcast apps or listen directly from our podcast page
- October Awareness MonthIt's October and the kids are still in school (virtually) with Ciana crushing the new routine! Exie faced the 2 year mark of her sister's death and made some new discoveries about herself and what happened. This episode, we are opening up about trauma and what we are hoping to bring awareness to this month. […]
- Parenting School-Aged Children During The PandemicWe held off for a week so that Ciana could get her kids started on the new school year and have some nuggets to share with you and things she has already learned about this strange, pandemic school year. She has some fantastic tips and tricks that we both hope will help make your kids' […]
- Postpartum Recovery is Not About the BabySo you had a baby…now what?It's been a rough week for Exie and as you will hear immediately, it will be for a while. You can read more about why on her Facebook post and Instagram Fortunately, Ciana knew just what to say to cheer Exie up and together we had a good time talking […]
- Our 2nd Babies' Induction Birth StoriesIn this episode we are sharing the stories of our 2nd babies' births. Both began as inductions…One took an unexpected turn…Both left us feeling empowered…and when we look back on them, we can see how information and good support contributed to us both feeling really happy with our experiences. Join us as we talk about […]
- Induction MethodsIn this episode we are discussing both natural and pharmaceutical induction methods. Everyone knows someone, or is that someone, who has been induced or tried to naturally induce themselves. Maybe you are pregnant and wondering if induction is the right choice for you and your baby. We explore some of those options and the reasons […]